Sailing holidays in Greece: What to pack
Not quite sure what you need to bring on a sailing holiday?
Here we give you a few tips about what you do, and do not need to pack and how to prepare for your sailing holidays in Greece.
What people take with them when they go sailing varies according to the kind of sailing they are doing, where they are sailing, their experience and personal preferences, but here we try and give those uncertain what to bring some guidelines on useful items to have with you during a sailing holiday.
To make things easy, here’s a sailing holidays in Greece checklist!
- Casual evening wear
- Windproof jacket
- Sailing gloves
- Deck shoes
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses with lanyard
- Sunscreen/sun cream
- Lip salve/screen
- Toiletries (all-in-one shampoo/shower gels can be handy)
- Food favourites/substitutes
- Prescription medicines
- Travel wash if you want to rinse things out in the evening
- Passport/ID card/visa
- Driving licence
- Holiday insurance
- EU medical card
- Cash/traveller’s cheques/Euros/credit cards
- Camera with batteries and 12v (car plug) charger
- 2 pin continental plug adapt
- 12v car-type charger for mobile phones, cameras etc.
- Warm trousers
- Wet weather gear
- Reading material (although you can buy foreign language books, newspapers & magazines on many islands)
- Music (check if the boat has a CD player, USB or aux/iphone connections).
What is included & you don’t need to bring on your sailing holiday
- All bed linen
- Towels (one hand towel and one bath towel per person is provided. Beach towels are not normally provided but can be purchased cheaply on most islands – and make nice souvenirs!)
- Navigation instruments (dividers etc.)
- Pilot books or charts
- Kitchen / cooking equipment
- Life vests / safety equipment
Thank you and have a nice holiday!